Since the source download from the Ant website didn’t work well in Eclipse, I decided to check out the code from their svn repository. I was a bit apprehensive at first, because in my limited experience with VSS in the mid-2000s, I’d learned that when I check something out from a managed source folder, it is an exclusive lock. Fortunately, that is not the way it is in SVN.
Another thing which I did was to load the folders in the source individually, instead of all at once. What I’d done the first time was use the
New > Java Project > From existing source option, with the root directory of the downloaded project. That created a lot of errors, even after referencing all the optional libraries. So this time I created a new blank project, and
Imported some selected folders into the source one by one. So now I have the
test folders, and this setup is enough for some simple basic bug fixing.
Time to check out the bugs. The original post can be found here: https://anterence.blogspot.com/2010/05/svn-and-moving-forward.html